Forehead Lift Conveniently located to serve Long Beach and Huntington Beach
Southern California Plastic Surgery Group
A forehead lift in Long Beach can restore a youthful appearance in a number of ways. Also known as a brow lift, a forehead lift can remove creases and furrows from the forehead, lighten a heavy or sagging brow, and open up the eye area.
For many people, a forehead lift addresses the areas of the face which they might have thought would be corrected by a facelift or eyelid surgery. But a facelift addresses the lower two-thirds of the face and eyelid surgery only the upper and lower lids. A forehead lift may be used in place of or in conjunction with these procedures to achieve a fresher, younger look.
Most forehead lift patients are 40 to 60 years old. Younger people who have developed deep furrows or frown lines prematurely or who have a heavy brow for genetic reasons sometimes choose a forehead lift.
The ideal candidate for brow lift surgery is in good physical and emotional health and has realistic expectations.
During your initial consultation Dr. Hicks will evaluate your face, skin, and underlying bone structure. Be prepared to explain in detail what you want to get out of the surgery. Your goals in having the procedure will be an important factor in determining whether a forehead lift, another procedure or a combination of procedures will work best for you.
The Brow Lift Procedure
Forehead lifts are usually performed under local anesthesia with sedation, but can be performed under general anesthesia. They can be done as traditional or endoscopic surgery.
Traditional forehead surgery requires an incision that runs from ear to ear up and over the forehead behind the hairline.
- The skin is lifted, excess tissue is removed, and the muscles are altered or released
- The eyebrows may be lifted and secured
- Any excess skin is trimmed from the incision point and the incision is closed with stitches or clips
An endoscopic forehead lift is performed through several small incisions rather than one long one. An endoscope, which is a thin tube with a tiny camera and light on the end, is inserted through one of the incision to view the work taking place.
Immediately after your forehead lift surgery you may experience numbness or discomfort around the incision. Dr. Hicks will prescribe pain medication to minimize discomfort.
- You should sleep at a 45 degree angle for several days to minimize swelling.
- You should be up and walking around a day or two after surgery
- You can shampoo your hair after two days.
- You can resume light activity after a week to ten days, but should avoid strenuous activities for several weeks.
- Avoid prolonged exposure to heat or sun for several months
- You may experience some hair loss around the incisions. It will start to grow back in a few weeks.
- Bruising and swelling will disappear after about three weeks.
- As you heal, the numbness may turn to itching, which may last for up to six months.
Forehead Lift Cost
Several factors are taken into consideration when determining the overall cost of a forehead lift procedure. The time required to perform the surgery affects the final price, as do the techniques utilized and the anesthesia chosen.