Facial Implants Conveniently located to serve Long Beach and Huntington Beach
Southern California Plastic Surgery Group
Facial implants in Long Beach improve facial features and bring balance to your face. They can be used to enhance the cheekbones, chin and/or jaw. Cheek, chin, and jaw implants can be used alone or in combination to create a more balanced profile.
- Chin augmentation can minimize the appearance of a prominent nose
- Cheek augmentation can correct heaviness in the lower face
- A stronger jaw line may improve a fleshy neck.
Facial Implant Materials
There are several available:
- Fat grafts
The type of implant which will work best for you will depend on the location and the purpose of the implant, and your body type.
Good candidates for facial implants are in good physical and emotional health and have realistic expectations. The overall look you wish to achieve will be a large factor in determining whether or not facial implants are right for you.
During your initial consultation Dr. Hicks will evaluate:
- Your face
- Your profile
- Your existing bone structure
- Your goals in having cosmetic surgery
He will then recommend the procedure or combination of procedures which are best for your unique situation.
Facial implant surgery can be performed under general anesthesia or under local anesthesia and a sedative.
- During cheek enhancement, cheek implants are usually inserted through an incision inside the mouth and take about 30 to 45 minutes.
- During chin enhancement, chin implants may be inserted through an incision under the chin or inside the mouth and normally take about 30 minutes to an hour.
- During jawline enhancement, jaw implants are inserted through incisions inside the mouth, and the procedure lasts one to two hours.
Recovery After Getting Facial Implants
After facial implant surgery you will be sore and you will experience some swelling and bruising. Dr. Hicks will prescribe pain medication to minimize any discomfort.
- You should sleep at a 45 degree angle and use a cold compress for several days to minimize swelling and bruising.
- Your ability to smile, talk, and chew normally may be impaired for several days or several weeks
- The majority of swelling and bruising should subside in one to two weeks, but it can take several weeks to see the final results.
- You must be careful not to bump or jar your face for several weeks. Dr. Hicks will give you specific instructions for dental hygiene, washing your face, and other common activities which are affected during the initial healing period, as well as a schedule for resuming normal activities.
Get more familiar with facial implants by viewing our Before and After Gallery.
How Much Do Facial Implants Cost?
The price of your facial implant surgery will be based on a number of factors. Cost is affected by the techniques utilized, the implant material chosen, total surgery time, and more.
Contact us today to schedule an initial consultation with Dr. Hicks to determine if you are a good candidate for facial implants in Long Beach, Beverly Hills, or Los Angeles, California. During your consultation, Dr. Hicks will evaluate your unique body type and desired results, explain all your treatment options, discuss the outcome you can realistically expect, and answer any questions you may have.