Long Beach Botox and Fillers
Southern California Plastic Surgery Group
Injectable fillers plump up the skin and bring new life to your look. Fine lines and creases can be smoothed, sunken areas filled in, and lips and cheeks enhanced.
Time, the sun, gravity, and repetitive muscle movement create lines and creases and break down the underlying tissues that keep the skin plump and smooth. Injectable fillers targeting specific areas can be used to restore a youthful appearance or to improve contours in an already youthful face.
Injectable fillers may be natural or synthetic. The results are temporary, but often long lasting. Many people prefer injectable fillers over other procedures because they are non-invasive and the result can be altered more easily over time. Injectable fillers can be used alone or in conjunction with other procedures.
Your choice of injectable fillers will depend on many factors including the area to be filled, how long the treatment is meant to last, and your body and skin type. Different areas of the face call for different textures and firmness of fillers. Lips require a very smooth filler. Deep sunken area may respond better to a filler with more substance.
Collagen and fat are popular, natural fillers
- Prior to collagen injections Dr. Hicks will perform an allergy test
- Fat can be harvested from your own body, so there is no need to test for allergies
- Synthetic fillers such as Restylane and Radiance do not require an allergy test
- Injectable fillers can be administered under local anesthesia
- Many fillers are combined with lidocaine and no other anesthesia is needed
- The treatments may only take a few minutes to perform
- If your filler of choice has a high absorption rate the area may be overfilled at first.
Afterwards you may be sore and experience minor swelling, bruising or redness which can be covered with makeup. There is no significant recovery time and many people can return to work on the same day.
The results normally last several months and can be repeated as necessary.
Get more familiar with injectable fillers by viewing our Before and After Gallery.
Contact us today to schedule an initial consultation with Dr. Hicks in Beverly Hills, Long Beach, or Los Angeles, California, to determine if you are a good candidate for injectable fillers. During your consultation Dr. Hicks will evaluate your unique body type and desired results, explain all your treatment options, discuss the outcome you can realistically expect, and answer any questions you may have.