Long Beach Breast Lift Expectations
Southern California Plastic Surgery Group
Most women are very pleased with their breast lift surgery when they knew what to expect from it.
Your initial consultation
Dr. Hicks will evaluate your overall health and the condition of your breasts. He’ll consider your skin type and elasticity, the amount of existing tissue along with the amount of stretching and sagging, and of course your desired results. He will explain your best options, and whether a breast lift could be combined with, or replaced by, breast augmentation or breast reduction. He’ll answer any questions you may have. Be sure to discuss your expectations openly and honestly with Dr. Hicks.
Preparing for breast lift surgery
Well in advance of the surgery, you will be provided with guidelines on:
- Taking medications and supplements
You will need to arrange for someone to drive you home after your procedure and should have someone available to stay with you for the first few days of recovery, or you may choose to spend a few days in a luxury recovery facility.
A breast lift is performed under general anesthesia. The exact surgical technique will vary depending on the amount of existing breast tissue, amount of sagging, and your desired end results.
- Most breast lifts involve an anchor-shaped incision made around the nipple, down towards the crease, and along the crease
- The nipple and areola are moved to a higher position and excess skin is removed
- If you need a less extensive breast lift, you may choose to have just an incision around the areola, removing a doughnut shaped section of skin
- The procedure normally takes about one and a half to three and a half hours
Immediately after surgery you will be tired and sore and Dr. Hicks will prescribe a pain killer.
- You will be asked to wear a surgical bra or compression bandage and after a few days will switch to a support bra which you will need to wear 24 hours a day for three to four weeks
- It’s best to sleep at a 45 degree angle for the first days after surgery
- You can return to work and resume light activities in one to two weeks after surgery
- Stitches are removed after one or two weeks
- Swelling subsides gradually over six weeks.
- Normal activities can be resumed about one month after surgery
Get more familiar with breast lifts by viewing our Before and After Gallery.
Contact us today to schedule an initial consultation with Dr. Hicks in Beverly Hills, Long Beach, or Los Angeles, California, to determine if you are a good candidate for a breast lift. During your consultation Dr. Hicks will evaluate your unique body type and desired results, explain all your treatment options, discuss the outcome you can realistically expect, and answer any questions you may have.