Abdominoplasty Candidates Conveniently located to serve Long Beach and Huntington Beach
Southern California Plastic Surgery Group
Abdominoplasty can correct a protruding abdomen caused by stretched muscles or excess fat and skin. It’s major surgery. You must be in good health to avoid complications. If you are ill in any way, even if you just have a cold or a minor infection, Dr. Hicks will postpone your surgery until you have healed.
The ideal candidates for abdominoplasty are men and women in good overall health and physically in good shape, but who have a protruding abdomen that does not respond to diet and exercise. This can be due to muscles which are stretched too much to return to normal, to fat deposits, or to loose skin.
Some points to consider
- Older patients who have lost skin elasticity may benefit from the procedure after weight loss.
- Women who have had children often find that abdominoplasty is the only way to restore their original shape.
- If your fat deposits are only below the navel you may only need partial abdominoplasty. Depending on your personal goals you may want to have liposuction in conjunction or in place of abdominoplasty.
- If you expect massive weight gain or plan to become pregnant you should postpone the surgery. Both of these major events can reverse the effects.
Preparation you could do
- Patients who are in good shape and have strong abdominal muscles experience the best results. If you don’t normally exercise and you are thinking about abdominoplasty, consider starting light exercise now in preparation.
- Smokers will be advised to quit smoking before surgery and during the recovery phase, in order to minimize the risk of complications and to speed recovery time.
Get more familiar with abdominoplasty by viewing our Before and After Gallery.
Contact us today to schedule an initial consultation with Dr. Hicks in Beverly Hills, Long Beach, or Los Angeles, California, to determine if you are a good candidate for a tummy tuck. During your consultation Dr. Hicks will evaluate your unique body type and desired results, explain all your treatment options, discuss the outcome you can realistically expect, and answer any questions you may have.