Long Beach Facial Implants
Facial implants improve facial features and bring balance to your face. They can be used to enhance the cheekbones, chin and/or jaw. Cheek, chin, and jaw implants can be used alone or in combination to create a more balanced profile.
* Chin augmentation can minimize the appearance of a
* Cheek augmentation can correct heaviness in the lower face
* A stronger jaw line may improve a fleshy neck.
Types of implants
There are several available:
* Fat grafts
The type of implant which will work best for you will depend on the location and the purpose of the implant, and your body type.
Good candidates for facial implants are in good physical and emotional health and have realistic expectations. The overall look you wish to achieve will be a large factor in determining whether or not facial implants are right for you.
During your initial consultation Dr. Hicks will evaluate:
* Your face
* Your profile
* Your existing bone structure
* Your goals in having cosmetic surgery
and will recommend the procedure or combination of procedures which are best for your unique situation.
Facial implant surgery can be performed under general anesthesia or under local anesthesia and a sedative.
* Cheek implants are usually inserted through an incision inside the mouth and take
about 30 to 45 minutes
* Chin implants may be inserted through an incision under the chin or inside the
mouth and normally take about 30 minutes to an hour
* Jaw implants are inserted through incisions inside the mouth and the procedure
lasts one to two hours
After facial implant surgery you will be sore and you will experience some swelling and bruising. Dr. Hicks will prescribe pain medication to minimize any discomfort.
* You should sleep at a 45 degree angle and use a cold compress for several days to
minimize swelling and bruising.
* Your ability to smile, talk, and chew normally may be impaired for several days or
* The majority of swelling and bruising should subside in one to two weeks, but it can
take several weeks to see the final results.
* You must be careful not to bump or jar your face for several weeks. Dr. Hicks
will give you specific instructions for dental hygiene, washing your face, and other
common activities which are affected during the initial healing period, as well as a
schedule for resuming normal activities.
Get more familiar with facial implants by viewing our Before and After Gallery.
Contact us today to schedule an initial consultation with Dr. Hicks in Beverly Hills, Long Beach, or Los Angeles, California, to determine if you are a good candidate for facial implant surgery. During your consultation Dr. Hicks will evaluate your unique body type and desired results, explain all your treatment options, discuss the outcome you can realistically expect, and answer any questions you may have.