Long Beach Breast Augmentation Expectations
You’ll be most pleased with the results of breast augmentation when you know what to expect from the procedure.
During your initial consultation, Dr. Hicks will evaluate your overall health and the condition of your breasts. After taking many factors into consideration, including your skin type and elasticity, amount of existing tissue, and of course your desired results, he will explain your best options and answer any questions you may have. Be sure to discuss your expectations openly and honestly with Dr. Hicks.
Preparing for breast augmentation
Well in advance of the surgery, you will be provided with guidelines on:
* Taking medications and supplements
You will need to arrange for someone to drive you home after your procedure and should have someone available to stay with you for the first few days of recovery, or you may choose to spend a few days in a luxury recovery facility.
* Breast augmentation can be performed with general anesthesia or a combination
anesthesia and a sedative
* An incision is made in the crease beneath the breast, around the areola, in the
armpit, or in the navel
* Dr. Hicks will work through this incision to gently create a pocket and insert the
* The implant is centered behind the nipple and the incision is closed with stitches
* The procedure normally takes about one to two hours
Immediately after surgery you will be tired and sore.
* Your breasts will feel tight for the first few days
* Dr. Hicks will prescribe pain killers to help minimize discomfort
* You will be asked to wear a surgical bra or compression bandage
* It’s best to sleep at a 45 degree angle for the first week or so to speed healing
and minimize swelling
* You can return to work and resume light activities a few days after surgery.
In a week to ten days your stitches will be removed and bruising should start
* Swelling may last for three to five weeks
* You should wait four to six weeks before resuming any strenuous activity
Dr. Hicks will teach you how to massage your breasts during the healing process to prevent hardening, and how to care for your incisions to prevent infection and minimize scarring.
Learn more about what to expect from breast augmentation by viewing our Before and After Gallery.
Contact us today to schedule an initial consultation with Dr. Hicks in Beverly Hills, Long Beach, or Los Angeles, California. During your consultation Dr. Hicks will evaluate your unique body type and desired results, explain all your treatment options, discuss the outcome you can realistically expect, and answer any questions you may have.